Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Okay . . . I decided!

Dave Solomon made the deciding comment!

Most of the folks I heard from were supportive . . . supportive of me trying to commit suicide by running the 50-miler. I told Amber Poole that I thought she would have said "go for it" if I had said I was considering running 300 miles around a 100 foot circle in Death Valley in mid-summer!

But Dave sent me a detailed e-mail on how he thought it might be possible for me to do this. Then he said the deciding thing, "I say to register for it and give it a shot. Whether you finish or not, at least you'll know you tried. " That struck home for me.

I do want to try it. And if I fail to make the 40 mile cutoff at 4am . . . well . . . at least I did try. And I'm not looking for a goal that is a slam dunk! So this is my 2010 goal: Be an official finisher of the Bethel Hill Midnight Boogie 50-mile race.

So I have sent Doug my entry.

Wouldn't it be great to have a bunch of friends there too? You bet it would! If you decide to try this (marathon or 50-miler), I can promise you it will likely be one of the hardest marathons / 50-milers you've ever done. But I also promise you this one will make you proud you did it! It's Hot! It's Hard! But it's also very, very Cool! Please come and give this one a try! I promise you'll be glad you did!

http://www.theboogieraces.com/BOOGIEINFOPAGE.html

7 comments:

  1. Yay - way to go Frank. Mine is in the mail this week too. I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHHHH!!! I love cheering on people who are braver than me!!!!! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! I would join you, but it sounds really painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank,
    We have a DailyMile.com friend who will also be running the Boogie for the first time. I will be there to help him and you through the tough sections. Remember, run the first loop well within yourself. If you get to 40 miles, you've got it licked.

    Mark Long

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank, I got your entry in today's mail. I am glad your moving up for a shot at the 50. I have no doubts you will be successful!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out, Frank! I have no doubt that you can finish this race! I look forward to seeing you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be committed, Frank! Wait, what? I mean, way to commit, Frank!!!

    Seriously, no doubts here either that you CAN do this!

    Jon and I will be registering for the 26.2

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Littleton, North Carolina
World's Slowest Runner . . . well, at least in contention for the honor. Just your average "below average" runner.

Followers