- Surgery was Wednesday, October 19th. Coming home I was nauseous but that only lasted maybe 2 hours.
- Post surgery, I didn't need any pain pills. I did take one Thursday morning just to see what it felt like. Very minimal pain. Biggest problem was getting my muscles used to crutches. The first week I couldn't put any weight on my hip. Very hard getting around and carrying stuff. Plus, I had a strict 90° rule . . . I couldn't bend my hip to body angle less then this. This was another pain! Exercise prescribed: toe touches and leg lifts. Leg lifts hurt as he had 'released' my hip flexor tendon (released = cut on purpose!)
- Really early Saturday morning I started passing two kidney stones. Put in the hospital. Sunday afternoon I finally passed one, but doctors determined my kidneys were getting at risk and so on Monday morning I had the remaining stone surgically removed. A really, really tough three days. Back home Tuesday.
- Had my post-op meeting with my hip surgeon Thursday. Everything looked fine and I could start partial weight-bearing. Found out the 90° rule would last for 4 weeks. Plus, I couldn't drive for another week! That sucked! I have the order to start physical therapy but I can't get there until I start driving . . . first session scheduled for the Friday after I can drive.
- Started feeling actual pain from my hip! WTF! Over a week post-surgery and pain starts??
- Saturday, I took two crutching excursions one about 300 yards down the hill and then back. The second about 300 yards the other direction. but Saturday night I had to take a pain pill to sleep.
Took it fairly easy today (Sunday) but probably went almost as far. For every other surgery I've had the key to reducing pain was exercise . . . so that is what I plan to do.