Okay . . . if you didn't know . . . my running goal this year is to run 50 miles.
After a lot of back and forth searches for the "perfect race" to make my try I have settled on something that is not a race at all! I'm going to RUN the Rocky Mount Relay for Life put on by the American Cancer Society on April 24th. While it's not a race at all, I do believe it will be a good place to try to reach my goal.
- It will be flat! No hills on a track!
- There should be a lot of supportive people around.
- Aid station every lap.
- Medical help is always close.
- A bathroom every 400 meters!
- A chance to raise money to help in the fight against cancer.
- I'll have 24 hours to finish.
- I won't have to drive much after I finish.
- Going "round and round" may get old REALLY quick. Boring!
- Walkers will inadvertently get in my way.
- All the noise (music, PA, etc) may get on my nerves and there will be no way to escape!
I hope so. I ran a 50k race on Jan 9th and another on Jan 31st. I plan to run another 50k in late Feb and one in late March. Plus, two or three marathons in there somewhere. Then, have a two or three week taper.
Hope this will be enough!