Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Damn . . .

Yesterday I did my longest run to date!  A whopping 4.2 miles!!

It was fairly hot (80° +) and sunny.  Plus, I was on the Canal Trail in Roanoke Rapids so there were quite a few short ups and downs but nothing really significant!  That was a good increase in distance for me and I can feel it today with some muscle soreness.

That was the good news!

The not-so-good news is that  it took me 1:08:45 to do it!!  That's a 16:20 pace!!  Damn!  That is just barely faster than walking but I using my heart rate to set my intervals . . . 135 and I started walking and started running again when it dropped to 110.  As expected, as the "run" progressed, the time running reduced and the time walking increased but I still felt like I ran a bunch!!  Kind of depressing really!



I'm not sure why I was disappointed!  I mean what should I really expect?  I've only been back running a little over a month.  And when I started back,  a 1 mile run was PLENTY!!  I just have to keep on pluggin' away at it!  It's not like I have any goal or anything except to get in better shape and I can see that is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Littleton, North Carolina
World's Slowest Runner . . . well, at least in contention for the honor. Just your average "below average" runner.

Followers