Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Update #128 - What the F&@K is GOUT?

Things are getting better . . .

But the ride back up is definitely not a smooth one!  Ever since about a day after I got my cast off the surgery foot has been all swollen and discolored . . .  plus it just continues to hurt!!  And not just were I had the surgery . . . the whole freakin' foot!



Actually, the "hurt" is lessening and I can walk some . . . maybe a couple of hundred yards or so.  But this "recovery thing" isn't going quite like I planned.

Now . . . the doctor thinks I have "gout" in my foot from all the surgery trauma!  WTF?  I don't even know what gout is!  How can I have it?  Just makes no sense to me!

I've never had "gout" before so I really don't know quite what to expect!  The doctor said sometimes gout is REALLY, REALLY painful . . . like if someone even "looks" at it it hurts!!  Mine isn't like that at all.  It hurts but the hurt is very manageable.  I have some pill now so hopefully they will knock this shit out quickly!

But at least I've started back exercising.  I can't do a lot of things yet, but there are some things I can do!  Crunches, resistance band lifts from many directions, curls, etc.  But things like planks, puchups, etc. are out.

One thing I never mentioned much about was my wrist!  When I fell from the ladder a screwed up my left wrist!  I think that injury is what made using the crutches so hard!  But now that I'm off crutches, the wrist is starting to heal.  But things like pushups are in the distant future for me.  Heck . . . when I'm on the floor and need to get up it is a REAL ordeal!  Just barely can . . .

Plus I've started swimming even though kicking in the water does hurt.  I suck at swimming . . . and swimming itself just sucks!  But I'm going to do it.  Today I swam maybe 300 yards . . .  swim 50 . . . rest . . . swim another 50 . . . but it's a start and it is an aerobic thing which I need desperately.

I also need to develop a "Lilley-style" Paleo diet that maybe I can live with.  Trying to do some research but a lot of the recipes I'm reading just suck!  A "smoothie" with coconut milk, hard boiled eggs, pork rinds (I actually should probably like them but I don't!), Raw veggies /w guacamole . . .  I'm sorry but I'm not willing to live like that!  So I've got to adapt something I can live with but I really don't know where to start.  Got to figure this out!!

Next up . . . it's time to re-do my list of things I want to do.  This will take some thought!  I think I'll have another glass of wine . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Littleton, North Carolina
World's Slowest Runner . . . well, at least in contention for the honor. Just your average "below average" runner.

Followers