Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two out of three!

Well . . . at least we're narrowing down the reason for the blood in my urine. And it looks like it isn't exercise-induced blood. Of the three major causes for blood in urine, I had two: 1) kidney stone in my left kidney (1.5 centimeters) and 2) an enlarged prostrate (60 grams vs a normal 20).

Going to schedule RSWL in a couple of weeks for the kidney stone (essentially blasting it apart with ultrasound pulses). Doctor suggested Advodart for a bunch of months to shrink up the prostrate. I really don't like taking drugs . . . especially over a long period of time. So I'm going slow with that decision. Will move ahead with the RSWL soon.

Doctor said I could keep on running, though internet site suggested not to. I'll run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Littleton, North Carolina
World's Slowest Runner . . . well, at least in contention for the honor. Just your average "below average" runner.

Followers